- The TAS Network (TAS) operates on a membership-only basis. It is run by its Members on a voluntary basis for the benefit of its Members.
- This document records the accountability of TAS’ responsibility under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and demonstrates our proactive compliance with the GDPR by integrating data protection and privacy throughout our processes and culture.
- For the purposes of the policy
- Personal data refers to living individuals who can be identified from the data;
- ‘Member(s)’ refers all classes of TAS Member.
What personal data about Members is held by TAS
- We collect information that you provide by filling in the TAS application form and documents you submit as part of the compliance requirement. If you seek reimbursement of expenses your bank details are held by the Head of Finance and also stored on line on the Society bank account.
Who keeps the master list of data?
- The elected Management Committee of TAS act as the Data Controller of the Network. This means it decides how personal data is managed and for what purposes it is used.
- The Head of Finance and the Web Master hold the master data of all Members.
- The Head of Compliance holds the compliance data for all Members.
How will we use the information about you?
- We collect information about you to process and manage your membership, and implement initiatives that benefit the membership, such as National Contracts.
- If you consent, TAS will keep you informed about our services that may be of interest to you and relevant to your membership.
- Where consent has been obtained, TAS will only share your information with GDPR compliant third parties when deemed appropriate and of benefit to you.
- TAS may share your person information with GDPR compliant third parties when legally instructed, or where TAS has a justifiable legitimate interest.
- TAS will pass your contact details to potential clients who request them.
- TAS will not provide your personal information to other third parties for any other purpose without your specific agreement
- We will use your information collected from the website to personalise and improve your repeat visits and for statistical analysis.
How is personal data held?
- Membership data is held as hardcopy or software application forms and uploaded to documents held on PCs, laptops, data sticks. Data is not held centrally on the Cloud.
- TAS will retain your personal data for six years after your last subscription payment has been made. If legally required, TAS may retain your details further but only under specific circumstances.
Access to your information and correction
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to the TAS Chairman. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- The network operates a website www.tasnetwork.co.uk We collect information that you provide by filling in forms found on our website. This includes information provided at the time of enquiring to become a member of TAS, when posting material, or when enquiring about further services such as requesting to attend TAS events and conferences. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
- 19. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit aboutcookies.orgor www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
- We would like to send you information about TAS and our services that will be of interest and benefit to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com .
Changes to our privacy notice
- We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on Member’s Section of the Website. The date at the bottom of each page indicates when the policy was last updated.
How to contact us
- Please contact the TAS Chairman if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.